Information Security > Guidelines
Information Security in general
The University of Copenhagen has an open environment and is geographically very wide spread. Research and teaching take place under a high degree of freedom and individual responsibility.
Open environments are highly exposed and vulnerable.
Information Security (IS) at the university depends on you and your behaviour. The following guidelines will help you to behave responsibly:
- Use only strong passwords and treat them with confidentiality.
- Log off your PC, whenever you leave it and make use of a screen saver with password protection.
- Use common sense whenever you surf the Internet or use your e-mail.
- Make backups of your data if you don't save your data on a common server, in which case the IT department will take care of it.
- Make sure to follow rules and recommendations
- Contact your nearest IS officer immediately whenever you hear of an infringement of the IS.